Tuesday 5 August 2014

You Aren't A REAL Fan!!!

I think we've all seen the fan police around somewhere, even if they weren't at our side. You get a lot of people going "You aren't a real fan if..."


I'm going to create a set of fan rules.

1) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to like the members. For instance, I've always thought Metallica were brilliant and extremely talented, but I don't like Lars Ulrich as a person. That doesn't detract from the fact that he is talented as fuck, though.

2) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to like every album. I like Asking Alexandria, but I think their first album sucked.

3) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to like their fanbase. I mean, there are a lot of 5SOS fans that hate the 5SOS fandom. 

4) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to hate on people who aren't. E.G, I bought 'The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance and my friend told me she couldn't stand them because they were too emo. We're still friends. I don't give a fuck- I like MCR, and that's all that matters.

5) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to justify everything they do, or constantly be at their defense. When Justin Bieber was arrested for being under the influence, a load of Beliebers were like "It's only a DUI, it's only a DUI!"
He could have fucking killed someone. That's not OK. Get your shit together.

6) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you can't have a favourite song by them. I like (the old) Panic! at the Disco, but I like The Ballad of Mona Lisa more than any of their other songs.

7) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean your favourite song of theirs can't be their most famous song. I love Of Mice and Men, but my favourite song is Second and Sebring, their most famous song. It's still a good song. 

8) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you want them to be globally famous. Sometimes its nice to be a fan of a band that isn't famous enough to attract poser fans or fake fans.

9) To be a fan of a band doesn't mean you can't think that any of the members are attractive.

FURTHERMORE

1) You are not a fan of a band if you like their looks more than you do their music.

2) You are not a fan of a band if you send hate mail to their friends/girlfriends/boyfriends that you don't like.

3) You are not a fan of a band if you say- "You can't like them, I like them.", I've done this before, and then realised I was being a fucking twat and apologised.

4) You are not a fan of a band if you only know one song. If someone asks you "Do you like (Paramore) you simply reply "I only know (Misery Business) but I really like it."

I realise this was a kind of petty article. Oh well, comment your opinions.

I thought this Danny Worsnop/ Ben Bruce/ Justin Bieber meme was topical and necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment