Monday 4 August 2014

UR ALL GONA GO 2 HELL!1!!!1

OK. So, today I was watching the music channel and a load of tour films. One of which was Straight To DVD, All Time Low's tour film.
During one point of the film, there were a bunch of people protesting against the band holding up signs like "GOD HATES FAGS!", and "GOD HATES YOU!" etc etc. Crazy people.
They were all members of the Westboro Baptist Church. They are, in essence an extremist group. Before you all scream your lungs out at me, I am quite away that the majority of religious people aren't like this, but there are some that are.
Anyway. Apparently the group were protesting because of All Time Low's (and I quote) 'sexually ambiguous look' referencing the fact that they have fringes and wear skinny jeans.
The church claimed that ATL as a band are "gender-confused, haphazard freakazoids and a negative influence."
Bear in mind, this is what All Time Low look like. They're actually all quite hot. Certainly not gender-confused haphazard freakazoids.
Like, literally what the fuck?!

Alex Gaskarth, frontman, replied "If embracing all lifestyles will lead me to hell, then I'll see you all there. It's gonna be one happy and tolerant inferno."

I'm not the biggest ATL fan. I'm not the biggest Alex Gaskarth fan. But wow. I couldn't have put it better myself. Someone buy that guy a fucking drink. 

The Baptist church themselves rally against gay marriage on a regular basis. They're fucking twats.

Perhaps I am already bias due to the fact that I am an avid gay marriage supporter (BTW, FUCK OFF, I'M A STRAIGHT WOMAN, I JUST DON'T HATE ON PEOPLE WHO CAN'T HELP WHO THEY ARE) and atheist but this entire scenario makes me blood boil. I have no bones to pick with religious people, but people who are intolerant without reason don't belong on this blog. I'm extremely vocal.

ITS 2014 PEOPLE, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. I'M AWARE THIS INCIDENT OCCURED A FEW YEARS BACK BUT THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH IS STILL IN PRACTICE

No comments:

Post a Comment